In this conversation, Dr. Robb Kelly discusses the importance of treating the cause, not just the symptoms, of addiction and mental health issues. He emphasizes the role of childhood trauma in shaping our behaviors and beliefs, and highlights the need to address past traumatic experiences to achieve lasting recovery. Dr. Kelly shares strategies for changing neuro pathways and beliefs, including creating positive daily routines and visualizing success. He encourages listeners to believe in themselves, ignore haters, and surround themselves with positive people. Dr. Kelly also emphasizes the importance of being a leader and making a difference in the world. In this conversation, Dr. Robb Kelly and Shawn French discuss various topics related to personal growth and self-improvement. They touch on the importance of recognition and validation, the challenges of interactions in modern society, the power of kindness and generosity, not being afraid to offend others, taking responsibility for our own emotions, and more. Dr. Robb Kelly shares valuable insights and advice throughout the conversation. Key Moments:
- Treating the cause, not just the symptoms, is crucial for lasting recovery from addiction and mental health issues.
- Childhood trauma is often the root cause of addictive behaviors and negative patterns in adulthood.
- Changing neuro pathways and beliefs is possible through positive daily routines and visualization techniques.
- Believing in oneself and taking action is key to overcoming imposter syndrome and achieving success.
- Surrounding oneself with positive people and ignoring haters is essential for personal growth and happiness.
- Being a leader and making a difference in the world requires embracing challenges and taking risks. Recognition and validation are important for personal growth and self-esteem.
- Interactions in modern society can be challenging, and it’s important to navigate them with kindness and respect.
- Acts of kindness and generosity can have a positive impact on both the giver and the recipient.
- Not being afraid to offend others can lead to authenticity and personal growth.
- Taking responsibility for our own emotions is crucial for healthy relationships.
- Dr. Robb Kelly provides valuable advice and support for those seeking personal growth and self-improvement.
Connect with Dr. Robb Kelly:
Social Media- https://www.instagram.com/addiction_doctor/
Work with Shawn:
Join Athlete Narrative: