Devan Kline, co-founder of Burn Bootcamp, shares his journey from being a minor league baseball player to becoming a successful entrepreneur. He discusses the challenges of transitioning from athlete to civilian life and the importance of mental health during this process. Devan also emphasizes the significance of leadership and team building in creating a successful business. He highlights the role of the visionary and the operator in building a strong team. Finally, Devan emphasizes the power of consistency and not quitting, as well as having a winning attitude and not fearing failure. In this conversation, Shawn French and Devan Kline discuss various topics related to persistence, identity, and personal growth. They emphasize the importance of persistence and belief in achieving success, regardless of external opinions. They also explore the void that athletes often experience after their sports careers end and the need to separate personal identity from sports. The rise of college athletes as celebrities and the benefits of name, image, and likeness (NIL) sponsorship deals are also discussed. Additionally, they touch on the importance of staying even-keeled in the face of critique, the impact of body language on perception, and the value of embracing both the good and bad aspects of oneself. Finally, they talk about building a holistic fitness brand and encourage listeners to leave reviews and share the podcast.
- Transitioning from athlete to civilian life can be challenging, and it is important to prioritize mental health during this process.
- Leadership and team building are crucial in creating a successful business.
- The role of the visionary is to provide the vision and direction, while the operator focuses on executing the vision.
- Consistency and perseverance are key to achieving success.
- Having a winning attitude and not fearing failure are important for personal and professional growth. Persistence and belief are crucial for achieving success, regardless of external opinions.
- Athletes often experience a void after their sports careers end and need to separate their personal identity from their sport.
- College athletes are now seen as celebrities, and name, image, and likeness (NIL) sponsorship deals provide new opportunities for them.
- It is important to stay even-keeled in the face of critique and not let judgments on your business or game affect your self-worth.
- Body language plays a significant role in how others perceive us, and it is important to be mindful of our actions.
- Embracing both the good and bad aspects of ourselves allows for personal growth and self-acceptance.
- Building a holistic fitness brand involves addressing various aspects of life, including body, mind, emotion, spirit, relationships, time, and work.
- Leaving reviews and sharing the podcast helps to spread the message and impact more people.
Building your brand as an athlete?
Create your narrative today with Athlete Narrative- https://ambassador.athletenarrative.com/shawn-french-join